SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Trying to get as much done on my last day of vacation

15 years ago

I finally repainted the flower boxes and ramp on my outbuilding. The ramp is rotting but I don't want to change it out until it's no longer usable. Lauren matched some color swatches I had gotten from Wal-mart, but I ended up rematching at Lowes with those swatches. The color is close but a little lighter. I was going to touch up some spots on the trim of the building but it would look kinda funny. The building already looks 100x better.

Here is a little bit I'm going out and plant the area where the pool was. I found some seed I had, flowers, short season melons, pumpkins (don't know if they'll be done by the first frost) and more squash. I got a bunch of mulch too and hope it will look a little better than it does right now. I did sweep most of the dirt off the concrete patio and pick up the junk, but have to go out and spray it down later. I'm planning on staining it one of these days.

The guy who took the hot tub left the cover, steps and metal cover thing but said he'd be back today to get it. I hope so, have no idea how I would get rid of that big cover otherwise! He's also going to unhook the wiring from my breaker box and pull it out. I told him he can take the swimming pool wires with him too.

There's still so much work to be done out there. Friday I trimmed some of the bushes out front and managed to cut into the extension cord while cutting the forsynthia on the side of the house. Must be a common thing because a friend of mine said she did the same thing last week! So, I had to quit and my neighbor finished it up and part of my backyard. It looks so much better but I have to go out and bundle all the stuff up today.

I also finally got my screens rescreened last week, still have to figure out how to get the two in the sunroom in. One is in but it's not in right, doesn't slide right. I gave up on the other one for now. The guy who took my hot tub put the big one in that goes from my kitchen to the sunroom, he had to adjust it over and over again and I felt kinda bad my friend asked him to help me. I was struggling with it. I would've never figured out how to do it, though.

Back to work. I just glanced out the window and it looks like it's going to rain! Great, right after I painted! I knew there was a chance but it's been pretty sunny all day.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH