SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

My Heart is Breaking......MOM

Jasdip
12 years ago

I'm so torn up, and I hate to lay all my grief on you guys.

Mom's had another serious setback. I don't know how much the poor woman is able, or God-forbid, willing to take.

Instead of coming to our local Hospital as planned, she's back in the CCT. CCT there is the Critical Care Trauma Center (ICU).

What's great about that is that there are nurses one on one with the patients and they are just outside the bay. They don't leave, and are relieved when they go on breaks.

She has a ventilator-breathing tube in her throat. She has fluid in her lungs which is slowly getting better; her kidneys are draining the fluids but not all the toxins......there's talk about putting her on dialysis (temporary) but they're holding off as long as they can.

Her PH is acidic which apparently is not a good thing. Her lungs being inefficient and her diaphragm not working properly caused the acidity to rise.

5 of us went in to see her last Sunday (Father's Day), and she couldn't talk with the breathing tube in. She would mouth the words, but that doesn't always work for me to try to understand.

I got her a pad and pencil and even though she could hardly hold the pencil, she weakly printed BBQ. I was astounded that in her state, she thought of Father's Day and why we didn't have the barbecue. We all assured her that we wanted to cancel it, we wanted to see her, and we'd have it later this summer.

Anyway, lots going on....none of it good, by the sounds of it, and I'm afraid I need your help again. This poor woman has been going through so much and I just want her to come home.

Love Jasdip

Comments (45)