SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summer_tx

Do you email complaints to companies?

summer_tx
15 years ago

I've sent a few complaints or concerns to a couple of companies in the past 5 years. Even though I don't always get a reply, I feel better knowing that "they" know if something isn't being handled properly or is made inferior or damaged.

Just recently I wrote Maybelline about some mascara I had purchased that was so yucky and clumpy that I had to be careful when I removed the wand so that it didn't drip on my clothing. They mailed me 2 $5.00 coupons for my next purchases of any Maybelline product. That was well worth my few minutes to explain the condition of the item I had purchased.

This morning I decided to let Sara Lee know how disappointed we were in our recent purchase of hot dog buns. The top 4 were alright, but when we got down to the bottom four, they were real dense and like a 3/4" thick and weren't sliced to accept a wiener. We even tried to split them with a knife and that was futile. Not enough bun to work with. This picture doesn't tell the whole story, but you get the idea.

{{!gwi}}

I don't know if I'll hear back from them, and that's ok. But I've decided not to let these things slide anymore. When you purchase a well known brand, you expect quality or at least you should. And hopefully these incidents are few and far between. However, it will make me think twice about buying Sara Lee brand products if they don't respond at all. Half of our purchased buns wound up on the squirrel/bird feeder. That doesn't make for a happy consumer. Unless you were wanting them for squirrel food. LOL

So, do you rattle corporate's chains or just live with or throw away a faulty product?

Comments (31)