SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayjud_mn

Some details about our House Sale/Buy

hayjud_mn
15 years ago

This is so long, I decided to start a new thread.

LOL about the yard! Betsy mantioned

Compared to here there is no yard. It must be about 50' X 100' and we will have an association taking care of it. We have a small rocked area (that is presently full of weeds) around the house. I can put flowers in there if I want to. I'm thinking ahead, and since getting up and down to work on those things is getting pretty tough already, I most likely will keep my gardening to large flower pots.

God's timing is always perfect, so I am believeing that the delay was for our good.

It really is amazing how everything progressed.

It was two years ago when we already had a purchase agreement on a different house (the one mentioned in the original post with the great living room.) We just happened to stop at an OPEN HOUSE at the house we are now buying. The price had been dropped on it from the new construction price. We fell in love with this house and changed our purchase agreement from one house to the other. We were still trying to sell our present home, and it was always strange how the sale was hindered.

After the 6 months time limit ran out for purchasing the new house, we received the down payment check back in the mail (not even a letter of explaination.) We found out from another realtor that that house and several others were now held up in a legal matter, and the person holding the houses had skipped the country. Like I said, there were a lot of really goofy things that happened. That was followed buy forclosing and then Bank Owned. We are now getting the house for many thousands less then the original purchase agreement!

After a year of not being available for sale, and our house not sold yet, FINALLY a for sale sign was put up in front of this house again. Within a couple weeks our house was finally sold, and now we can make that NON-contingent offer for the house of our dreams. Now if we could only get both closings at the same time! LOL

In the middle of all this we had another buyer who never did sell her house. That was a big disapointment. That was 2 years ago and we were about half packed at the time that we found out she needed to sell first. Her realtor goffed that up royaly by writing it as though she didn't have to sell first. We learned about that mess less than a month from our moving date.

Well, we finally sold this house exactly three years to the date of listing with the first realtor. Now, 3 years, 4 realtors, 89 showings, and at least a dozen open houses, we have a buyer who is very excited and today we sign all the papers to buy the house in which we will start a new chapter in our lives. It has been a long trip to this day, but we are very happy.

Judy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH