SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Opinions on overall 'concept' please

12 years ago

I have been struggling with marrying my vision with what will actually work in my house. My style is all over the place, but in kitchens I lean toward more modern, in the rest of the house, I like more cozy. This was discussed somewhat in the linked thread (pics of other areas of the house are included in there as well)

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1222051717114.html?27

The very fantastic advice that I received was to warm it up a bit and include more traditional elements so things don't look out of place. Darn good advice, I took it to heart. Problem is that I went back out looking with this in mind, and I am struggling. When I look at warmer granites, they look yellow to me, I liked others much more. I want to add color into the backsplash, but worry that it will clash with the granite or I will tire of it in just a year or two. So, in looking at some of these things in real life (which is remarkably different then making choices on a computer screen), here is a combination I like.

Does this read too contemporary, transitional, or just confused? The cabinets will hopefully be a similar stain but in maple in a slightly different style (looked into quarter sawn oak is out of the budget - 40% more!), granite is Ice Brown (runner up is Bianco Antico), backsplash is subway tiles, but I like the contrasted dark grout to make it seem more 'old worldly', the sink and pendant light are all contemporary, but I like them, pulls pretty traditional cup pulls (or curve pulls if I can afford them). Hopefully I can add more color in accessories and paint. Other items, floor is medium stained oak and not in the budget to be changed, stainless steel appliances - standard, not commercial grade.

So... what do you think??? I have made no purchased yet, so am trying to get an overall feel before I start making the big committment.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022