SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evershay

Luxury Vinyl Plank opinions, please

evershay
7 years ago

We want to putting vinyl plank down in our 3 bedrooms. Our local floor store has two colors I really like - both very different - and from different manufacturers, neither of which I've heard of, so I did research. The medium brown, classic plank is from MultiCore Premium. It has a 22 mil wear layer and is overall 6.5mm thick with a quartz-enhanced urethane top coat. The other is a light sand-colored beach-vibe look (we live in FL near the ocean) made by Aqua-Lok. It has a 12 mil wear layer, is 6mm thick overall, with a ceramic bead surface coating.
My questions are: Has anyone used either of these products and/or can recommend either company? Also, does wear layer matter more than the top coating? My research leads me to believe the ceramic bead is more durable coating, but the quartz-enhanced urethane seems pretty tough too and lots of vinyl plank have this.
Can I expect at least 10 years of wear from these floors? I don't want to have to replace in 5-7 years.
I know this is design, but my head tells me to go with the classic med brown color for lasting through the style phases, but my heart really likes the coastal look of the light driftwood. Our house style can hold either. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Comments (17)