SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
felix64

Need advice on countertop color - please!

felix64
14 years ago

Hello all! We've decided to change the look of our countertop and I've been looking at so many samples I'm afraid I'm on overload!

We've decided on laminate counters...our cabinets are natural oak and our appliances are white.

I have a lot of black throughout the kitchen (cabinet hardware, light fixtures, bar stools) and the table and chairs in my breakfast nook are black.

Given those parameters, I thought I'd look for a laminate that contains some black. I don't want to go with solid or mostly black counters because I think the white appliances would be too jarring. I've been looking at Wilsonart Desert Spring or Granite (although I'm not fond of the glossy finish). I've also looked at Milano Quartz, but I'm not sure if that's the right combination either.

Is there anyone brave enough to help? Any ideas/suggestions on the colors I listed? Do you have other suggestions for me? Can you save me from myself -- I don't want to spend another restless night, tossing and turning, worrying about countertop choices. Thanks in advance for the hep!!

Comments (5)