SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowyshasta

Weather is stressing me out

snowyshasta
15 years ago

I know, this isn't completely a kitchen thing and it's not *that* big a deal, but I am really stressing.

Our remodel is basically done - they just have to finish a few punch list items and clean the house (they clean the whole thing for us, I was really looking forward to that). The plan was for these things to be done this week, and this Friday we have moving van, phone move, etc. booked to move back into the house.

Well, Sunday it snowed. A lot, close to 5 inches, which pretty much shuts down the Portland area. Normally I like snow days, but this is stressing me out. The roads are still icy tonight, nothing happened at the house today. It is supposed to dump 2-4 more inches of snow on Wednesday, and temperatures are not projected to get above freezing until at least next Monday.

How are the contractor's people going to get here? Will the moving van be able to make it here on Friday? (We're in a hilly part of town.) What about the phone move? If we don't move Friday, when can we? I so wanted to be at least a little settled before Christmas :-(

Oh, here's on-topic, until the weather clears I can't get over there to take my final pictures for my finished kitchen thread!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations