SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sosouper

Desperately Seeking Suggestions for a back splash

sosouper
12 years ago

Some decisions have been easy to make, some have needed some research but choosing a back splash is driving me crazy.

I would love some suggestions. Our construction begins in a few weeks and I would rather not wait till the cabinets and counters are in.

I have chosen our cabinets (brookhaven in maple with a carmel finish in a shaker style), our granite (sapphire blue/brown), and our sink (blanco silgranite in anthracite). We are hoping to keep our current floor which is a laminate tile. Our appliances are stainless.

We still need to pick a backsplash, island pendants and a paint color. We tend to like blues (periwinkle) and greens (seafoam) and happy yellows. We have a lot of indirect light in our kitchen. Our style is transitional/modern/contemporary. We like interesting shapes and unique pieces but do not mind having a plain back splash and going with interesting art glass pendants.

So as far as the backsplash goes, I think anything shiny will look too busy with our granite. Our cooktop is on our island so we have two runs of counter that will need 18 inches of backsplash except for where the window is located.

I thank you in advance for any guidance and suggestions.

Here is a picture of the granite with the cabinet at the granite yard. I think the color is pretty good here:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a picture of a granite sample with the cabinet sample on my floor:

{{!gwi}}

I would love your help!!!

Comments (17)