SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divamum_gw

Thumbs UP for Ikea faucet - follow up - WOOHOO!

divamum
16 years ago

Link below to original thread...

Ok, I decided to make one last ditch attempt to resolve the low water pressure problem with my Ikea faucet, and so I called them, not really holding out much hope. Fortunately, I got their kitchen department Guru, who not only called their local installer who's been doing kitchens for them for umpteen years, but also was personally intrigued in what the problem could be, since it was the first time he'd ever heard of ANY problems with this faucet.

He was playing around with a floor model and, like me and my GC, couldn't find a flow adjuster or anything which could be manipulated by the consumer other than the actual handle, but said he'd keep working on it and would be calling their head offices etc etc.

In the meantime, I continued to play around with my unit, and ran the water WITHOUT the nozzle head on it - perfect pressure. Sooooo (joining up the dots), I called him back and asked if it would be possible to swap out just the detachable head and see if that fixed it.

I really wasn't expecting it to work, but TADA!!!!!!!!!!! It does.

So, I now amend my prior comments to this: for well under $200 for an all-brass, steel-hose-pulldown, good looking, brushed-nickel faucet with a 10 year guarantee (it's gone up from the 5 yrs some of you may have previously seen), it's a pretty darned good deal. The only flaw for some might be that it doesn't have a spray mode, only an extendable hose, but that isn't a huge deal to me (now that it's working properly!)

AND I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK FOR A FAUCET ANY MORE!! That's the seriously good part about this, cuz I am sick to DEATH of faucet-researching! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to original discussion of Ikea Faucet problem

Comments (10)