SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bayareafrancy

OMG: You will not believe the call I just got from my fabricator!

bayareafrancy
16 years ago

Holy carp!

I called the fabricator to clarify an issue with the template yesterday: we need to cut off a piece of trim for the counter to slide under. The counter is 1.25" but they told me to cut 1 and 9/16th. So I called to ask why the extra quarter inch gap?

The guy said he'd call the templater to find out...

He returns my call:

EvilFabricator: You are such a troublemaker Francy!

Me: Me?? What do you mean? What did I do?

EvilFabricator: The boss overheard me calling about your template. He got so angry at the guy for messing it up, he fired him!

Me: What???? What?????

EvilFabricator: Yeah, he FIRED him b/c you complained about him. And he just had a baby in October. His wife isn't working now. They have no income, and he gets fired the week before Christmas. So I hope you have a really nice holiday!

Silence on the phone...

I'm thinking, What? I never complained about him. I just asked whether the number he gave me was correct. I never called the boss about him. But what is the boss going to say when I call about YOU, EvilFabricator. I feel all the blood draining from my face. This can't be happening to me!!

Finally I say: This is terrible! You cannot be serious about this!

EvilFabricator: Of course I'm not serious!

I followed with lots of reprimands about what a mean joke that was to play on me, and that I thought I deserved to have my counters installed this week after the hell he put me through.

Lordy, I can't wait til this is over. I'm not cut out for renovation!!!!

By the way, he DID make a mistake. It was supposed to be 1 and 5/16th!! Thank goodness we didn't cut an extra 1/4 inch off our upper cabinet "leg"! I think someone who makes a mistake like that ought to be fired.....

Kidding!

Francy

Comments (8)