SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
worldmom_gw

How green is your soapstone? (And a Q about seams in islands)

worldmom
15 years ago

We absolutely fell in love with M. Tex's "Mumbai Grey," but because it doesn't come in slabs large enough to do our island so we're looking at some other options. The people at Dorado have been beyond fabulous with answering questions and following up with emails and calls, but all of their stones appear (and are described as being) various shades of green. I have lived with dark green laminate countertops for going on 10 years, and I was REALLY wanting to get away from green, so I'm having a hard time getting too excited about any of their choices. But we're considering Beleza, and I would love to see pics if any of you happen to have this in your kitchens. I'm also open to other suggestions. I just don't want anything with big veins or a lot of movement, or anything overwhelmingly green. (There are no soapstone yards within 7 hours of us, so our stone has to come from someone who ships).

On a related subject, the M. Tex people have told me it's no biggie to have seams in an island, whereas the Dorado folks are telling me to avoid it at all costs, no matter where we get our slabs. I know that I saw a thread here a while back on soapstone islands with seams, but for the life of me, I haven't been able to find it again. I would love to hear from people who have island seams how noticeable or bothersome they are. I really, really love that Mumbai Grey.

Sigh... What to do...

Comments (9)