SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp_gw

Show me your soapstone seams

muskokascp
13 years ago

We have a large island and as much as I hope for a single slab with no seams, if we go with soapstone there has to be a seam it seems :)

Our island will be 5 X 10 and this is pushing the limits of a single slab of any material - not to mention the size and weight at install. The soapstone company I was speaking with mentioned we would have to use two slabs, they could bookend them and there would be a seam. This company is not local so I wouldn't be able to have them install. I have yet to ask the business where I am getting our marble from if they would install the soapstone. They sell soapstone so do install it, but the slabs they have right now are far too green for me but I don't know if I can hire them just for an installation.

The seam would be at one of the edges of the prep sink but with a 5' width island, the seam will still be several feet long.

I have been told the seams can be almost invisible. True? Can I see yours please? Is there anything specific I should ask the installer to see if they know what they are doing and the best way to mask this seam?

Comments (2)