SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secondhalf_gw

Seams in soapstone- is fabricator right?

secondhalf
11 years ago

Hi everyone- I went to the fabricators to decide where the cuts would be made on our soapstone. We had reserved 2 slabs but when I arrived they had a suggested layout using only one slab (the island is marble so they actually were able to fit it). But, the one seam I'm going to have at the inside corner is being taken from another part of the stone and NOT immediately adjacent so the two parts would come together again when joined. They are telling me it's fine because the end of each has no veining and even if it did it would be ok because the nature of soapstone veining is very abrupt.I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been pushed into this because it would allow them to use only one slab. (This would not be saving me any money at all.) What do you think? I'm all about being economical and supporting business, but not at the expense of my hard-earned kitchen. Please let me know if I'm being unreasonable if I call them back and tell them they need to cut so the seam is matched up.

Comments (7)