SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceezeecz

Best way to end the backsplash help needed

ceezeecz
13 years ago

Just finished putting in new countertops (Waterlox on Ikea beech butcherblock), painting the walls (BM Meditation) and ceiling, Ikea apron sink, new overhead light and onyx pendants, cork floor, and painting all existing laminate cabinets (BM White Dove). Did everything myself except for installing the floating cork floor (which I love). Anyway, now I'm in the process of laying out how to best end the backsplash on both sides of one of the walls in my kitchen. I'm doing the work myself.

On the right hand side, the counter runs longer than the cabinet overhang so there I'm figuring on stopping at the end of the cabinet. Otherwise I think it will get to close to the light switch and look crowded.

On the other side it's more complicated. I'd like to wrap around from the back wall to the wall with the door - under the clock. If I do that I think that'll look better - your eye will just continue to the left. The backsplash is going around the rest of the room - each side of the stove. But the countertop doesn't go all the way to the door molding. Should I stop at the end of the countertop and put in bullnose tiles to soften the edge? The problem with that is my main tile is 3x6 subway and the bullnose is only in 2x6 and how would that work along the top? maybe I should turn that corner but only go to the end of the cabinet?

Thoughts????

The tile I'll be using is Horus Art Tile Broadway and is quite thick so I think I do need to use bullnose to get a nice edge.

BTW, ignore giant dog crate in middle of kitchen -- just got a new puppy in the middle of all this!

Comments (3)