SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfzmom

One last request for layout feedback - dishwasher in peninsula

dfzmom
13 years ago

I've posted a couple of other times looking for layout feedback. We are very close to ordering cabinets so I thought I'd post one more time. Please let me know if I'm making any huge mistakes.

Some background. We are a family of 3. Our current kitchen is original from the 70's so this will be a total redo. We toyed with the idea of taking down the dining room wall but decided against it so we are working with the space we have. The windows are 2 new casements and are staying. Definitely want to keep room for a table to seat 4. We are playing with the idea of a banquette in the corner.

Cabinets will be cherry shaker to the ceiling in a darker stain, light tile flooring and probably a lighter granite.

The biggest hangup we had was dishwasher placement and I finally gave in and put it in the peninsula. The basement is unfinished so we can run a separate drain line for the diswasher instead of going through the cabinets. I hope this dishwasher arrangement is going to work out ok, I don't see too many like this. An inspiration kitchen of mine is Jacduf's beautiful kitchen (very similar layout).

We are pretty much ok with the layout at this point just looking to tweak cabinet configurations. Thanks so much for any thoughts! They are greatly appreciated!

dfzmom

{{!gwi}}">

Comments (24)