SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amarantha_gw

Garbage disposal - height restriction/options-any recommendation?

amarantha
13 years ago

okay, so another choice to make :/

We need a smallish gd for 30" apron front clean-up sink. The height is important since we have a shorter cabinet due to deeper sink and the disposal outlet needs to be above the drain which is 12" (to top of pipe) above the cab floor. The bottom of the sink will be 20-1/2" above the cab floor.

We will use it minimally, not for food trash since we compost etc. So basically will be used to wash away those tiny pieces of food that I don't want to clog up the sink drain. We've been using a temporary sink for a few months and I have to say I don't like the small amts of food that inevitably go down the drain, even with keeping the strainer in there. So saying all that we don't need a large powerful one and I guess quiet and not real pricey would be good. We'll get a continuos feed most likely unless a batch feed fits the bill. The continuous feed we've had to this point hasn't been a problem. It will have a wall switch, and don't want the air switch on the counter.

Another thing albeit less important function wise is how the flange looks. This will be going in an apron front soapstone sink so looks are a factor. Do all of the sink flanges have the brand stamped on them like "Insinkerator" or "Waste King" does- I really wish I didn't have to see that everytime I look at the sink. Something a little less advertisement would be nice. Are there any just chrome or a silver metal?

I'm trying to do some comparison online but if you've got anything to offer please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment (1)