SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
senator13

Re-doing our countertops-Your opinions requested

senator13
11 years ago

So, long story short, after 1 year I have decided to redo our countertops. That is the beauty of using laminate and having your husband do the project. I don't feel guilty since we only have $500 into it.

My main reason is that I am not happy with how much the flat black shows. Even after they are just wiped down, on the raised counter you can see the tiny little dust particles collecting. It just doesn't jive with low maintence me.

So, after Jenny from the Blocks recent White Oak reveal, I am seriously considering going with this laminate color.

Yes, we are doing laminate again. Laminate works well for our family and we are sticking with it.

I am also planning on doing the Ideal Edge now offered by Formica, so someone else will be doing it instead of my husband this time around. I got quotes on it, and it will run us about $28 per square foot (and yes, I realize that the lowest level granites are around $30-I really don't like them for our kitchen-can you tell I have given this speech more than once?)

Anyway, what I want to know from all of you, is if you think the countertop will compliment our floor, or if it looks too similar. I think it will be fine, but having a counter right now that has a lot of contrast, I just want to get some additional opinions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Current Kitchen

Comments (22)