SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Your Opinions re: Range vs Cooktop & Wall Oven

amck2
11 years ago

I made the decision to replace my DF range w/ an induction range and DH & I made the trip to the appliance store today to see things in person and get prices.

Our salesperson (we worked w/ her on another project 5 yrs. ago) told us how happy she's been w/ her new induction cooktop. Suddenly, DH was thinking that we should reconfigure our kitchen to have wall ovens & a cooktop instead of just replacing the range.

His reasoning is that our home has become the hub for all big family gatherings and holiday dinners and we aren't getting any younger (I had to chuckle at this.) We're in our mid-50's, in good shape & health, but looking out at the next 10 yrs.+ or so that we hope to have this range, he asked if we want to be pulling heavy turkeys and LC Dutch cookers out of an oven so close to the floor.

Perhaps I'm being shortsighted, but I think I can manage fine with just sliding in a new range.

I'd like to know your opinions if you've chosen one over the other. Do you think it's really worth the cost and the loss of prime cabinet space?

Comments (5)