SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima_gw

O.M.G. It's FINALLY done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 years ago

Hi Guys! I've been away from the forum for a few weeks while I was waiting for the last few things to be done in my kitchen and bath - trying to become un-TKO! Anyway, it's FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, 99.9% done. I still need to buy a toaster oven and maybe a couple of other countertop items, but the actual WORK is done! I am thrilled with almost everything. My sister saw it for the first time this weekend and all she could say was "it's so beautiful" for like 5 minutes! Anyway, here is a before pic, just to remind you of what I was working with:

And here is the finished product:

{{!gwi}}

Floors: Zendo by Cerdomus in Brown, 13x13

Backsplash: custom blend from Susan Jablon Mosaics

Cabinets: Somersby Braxton in cherry, Chocolate finish, from buycabinets.com

Pulls: Bars from contempo_living on ebay

Paint: Valspar from Lowe's, will look up color name later

Blinds: Blinds to Go in Espresso

Appliances: All GE - details to follow

Hood: Spagna Vetro from Eurokitchen

Granite: White Galaxy

Sink: Ticor 405D from Galaxy Tool Supply

Faucet: Kohler Semplice

Knife Strip: IKEA (good strong magnet!)

Pendants: ELK Lighting 5011ES

UC Lighting: Pegasus Associates T4 fluorescent (not that you can see it!)

I'll try to post more details and a few more close up shots later, but I wanted to give everyone a peek! There are a few things I wish I had done differently. I am not in love with my fluorescent UC lights - the color is too cool even though I chose "warm white" bulbs. However, I only really use them for work lights and they're fine for that purpose. My idiot contractor managed to screw up the range installation, so it sits about an inch away from the wall - annoying, but not a big deal. The decorative cover for the top rail of the blinds sits too close to the cabinet on the right, but that should be fixable - I just need to make a thinner cover out of cabinet "skin" or something. I have soft-close drawers and I'm not a big fan of them. Etc. But in general, I LOVE IT! I owe a huge debt of thanks to all of you TKOers on this forum - I would never have found many of the things I love the most (like the Never MT, the Airswitch, my "lascatx" spice drawer, etc) without you!

Comments (45)