SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boo53

Xenon under cabinet light disaster

boo53
15 years ago

Please help! I've been reading posts for the last year while re-building my house after a total-loss fire on Christmas day, 2007. I've learned so much by reading all the posts, and now I need information as quickly as possible.

Against my better judgment, I agreed to Kichler xenon under cabinet lights in my kitchen. I was finally able to turn on the lights last night, and I HATE, HATE, HATE them. They are blindingly bright on high, and they are an ugly yellow on low. I realize that most/many people like warm colors, but they make me very uncomfortable. All of the colors in the house are cool colors, so I really can't stand that yellow tint. Also, my eyes are very sensitive to light, and I can't stand the lights on high.

I had fluorescent under cabinet lights in the kitchen before the fire, and I loved them. This time around, there was some type of plumbing thing (pipe?) in the wall under one of the cabinets, and the electrician said he could not put a fluorescent there. I was stupid and agreed to xenon. What I desperately need to know is are there different types of xenon bulbs?...maybe some that give off a cool glow? I slept only two and a half hours last night worrying about this. I already emailed my contractor and asked if they could be replaced with fluorescent lights. I know this will be costly, so I'm trying to think of other solutions.

Can anyone help me? I feel like an idiot.

Thanks in advance,

M Sue

Comments (3)