SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeet_gw

To soffit or not to soffit

16 years ago

I'm in the beginning of a process to finally "retire" from a stressfull job and live the life of almost poverty. My house is a 44 year old ranch in the south. The kitchen and dining room were one large room. When a tornado came thru Nashville back in 1998 my house (which I didn't own at that time) was nearly destroyed. The lady who owned the house decided to find a "CHEAP" contractor and he did everything as cheaply as possible. So instead of making the kitchen more workeable for a cook, like putting more cabinets along the wall that backed to the living room, they only replaced the cab where the old 1964 one's were hung. There is no pantry space, no space to put pots and pans, no place to put food, nothing. Now my question. Since I cannot afford to add more cab's, and I removed the railing that was on top of these cabs, all my decorations are bothering me now. It's looks too busy. Too much stuff. I've tried to tone it down, then its still looks bad.

My question is, would a soffit above the cabs to the ceiling make this kitchen look more quiet and maybe softer?

Thanks

Karen

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)