SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamki_gw

Layout Round 2 -- Feedback Welcomed!

lamki
12 years ago

A few weeks ago I posted about the first round of designs we were considering (round 1 can be found here: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1122063125985.html )

I hope these scans are legible when I post them. Here's the layout of the kitchen. We kept the laundry room/pantry and mudroom area the same. We moved the wall with the range out a bit so we could get more room between the island and the 12" pantry cabinets, since that is the main walkway from the front door to the back door.

My main concern is the wall with the range/oven combo. There isn't a ton of space to the left of the range (10") but I think there is ample space to the right and down that other stretch of counter. The expansion is going out 10ft right now, and while we considered going back 2 more feet to gain more room on that stretch with the range, we decided not to due to added cost, and the fact that we'd need to make the island bigger to keep things proportional.

I would love your thoughts on whether you think the prep area is functional, or if there are big downsides we're not seeing.

Right now the trash is in a pull out under the sink, which I don't love, but I don't think we have room elsewhere. I just hope we can get a drawer pullout trash for under the sink.

Here are the cabinet details... this is what was proposed to us. We might change some details on the sink wall and mail station based on what we'll store there. But I'm happy with the drawer situation in the island.

This scan is terrible, but hopefully it gives some perspective on the layout:

Thanks in advance for any feedback you want to give. These boards have been so helpful to us during the process, so thank you!

Comments (7)