SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwebber

Another layout possibility, help me choose.

gardenwebber
16 years ago

Well, here I am with another possible layout. I am just trying to thoroughly investigate all the options so I don't say to myself "Why didn't I think of that before." I appreciate all of your patience. It seems like even after talking my kitchen to death, I still cannot make up my mind. I am surely not the only one who has had extreme difficulty during this decision-making phase??

And just to refresh, here is a pic of our original plan with the rest of our home's first floor included for consideration:

In the following pics, the vantage point is different than this original drawing. You will be viewing it from the playroom/dining room side of the space.

DH has determined that the wall between the kitchen and dining room/all-purpose room can come out to make a 8'4" opening. The bar would divide the kitchen from the dining room/all-purpose room. And the u-shape would keep the traffic out of the work areas. We are still flip flopping about whether to close the 2nd door to the Family Room off to provide more kitchen possibilities. Its a tough choice. We thought we decided to keep it, then we changed our minds (again) thinking that leaving the doorway only adds more traffic into the work areas. So why not get rid of it and cook in peace, and just walk a few extra steps to get there? Anyways... The doorway to the playroom is closed up in this scenario.

{{!gwi}}

We aren't sure about where to put the fridge, but we thought it might be good to have it standing alone on the left over bit of wall, there.

Here are the other two main layout ideas we've considered:

L shape with island:

{{!gwi}}

Separate stations w/ extra family room door, Version 1:

{{!gwi}}

Separate stations Version 2:

{{!gwi}}

Thanks you again for your input, everyone. I don't know if I'll ever be able to choose.

Comments (6)