SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodbyekitty_gw

Please critique my layout

goodbyekitty
10 years ago

I'm using autodesk homestyler which is really good to tinker with but a little quirky. This is just a general layout I am contemplating.

There is just the two of us and the entire kitchen/dining area is about 29 X 17. We don't entertain a lot but I think it's because the current space is so awkward. It's the typical 70's U-shape kitchen with cabinets that hang between both rooms and if you want to look towards the deck or talk to someone on the other side of the cabinets you have to bend down. It's hysterical!

I know the fridge is suppose to be on the end, but it seems like a long treck to the cabinet to grab a glass. To keep costs down the sink is basically rotated from where it is now and moved maybe a couple of feet. Roof is tile so the stove needs to stay where it is.

On the original floor plan there are 2 doors that enter into the kitchen besides the breezeway door. The breezeway door is up at the top of the picture. The door on the oven/range wall is being closed. The door on the cabinet side is moved further away from the entry.

For some reason my handwritten notes aren't coming up, but that is a hallway off the foyer. And that room off the hallway is or use to be the dining room. I moved the dining room because I always thought it odd that when guests come in they had to walk through the dining room first. So now I'm turning it into a small formal living area where there will be a built in bar/wine area.

What do you think? Problems? Suggestions? Next image will be in 3d, hope I can post this

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!