SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishymom

Microwave drawer vs. wall mount

fishymom
10 years ago

Now that my paint color for the range wall is solved, I am moving on to the fridge wall. I need to make a decision on the microwave and I am not truly happy with any of my choices. We currently have a microwave/fan above the cooktop on the fridge wall, but we will not be using the cooktop in the remodel. For the new cabinets, I currently have a 15" wall, 3x 30" wall and a 39" over fridge wall cabinet. This wall can be seen from our main living space and I love the look of the straight run of cabinets The thought of adding a microwave to the center of this run just makes me ill! My next option is to do a microwave drawer in the 30 inch drawer base that is centered on the wall, but I also hate the idea of losing two large drawers! I have read the reviews of the microwave drawers and they are favorable. To be honest, I would be perfectly fine with a small microwave tucked in the corner on the counter but since we will be relocating in the next 3-5 years, I need to keep a mind to resale. I have attached a photo of the cabinet style, ours are Mushroom colored wall cabinets with Cherry base cabinets in Rye. So what do you think is more important to preserve, the aesthetics of the full wall of cabinets or the functionality of the drawers? Would it be a mistake to just put a microwave on the counter? Thanks for your input!

Comments (5)