SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigdoglover

Can you help me find a good tan wall color?

bigdoglover
12 years ago

Three years ago we painted our family room "fool's fossil", which is a Dunn-Edwards color, but we had it made in BM paint. In the daylight it looks warm, cheery, rich, wonderful. In night lighting (incandescent) it looks dark, very military khaki greenish, and real dark in the shadowed areas. Not liking it at night time! I think there may be too much green and/or grey in the mix.

I'd still like to have tan walls, but want them to look warm and cheery all the time, and would like them a little lighter -- but still tan (not off-white). I'm also going to run the color into the kitchen to go with our new (not yet painted) creamy white cabinets. Our woods are natural oak, our upholstery colors are tan, terra cotta, off-white, a touch of teal. Our granite is going to be Golden Persa/Solarius, which has creamy whites and a touch of peachiness, some black, some mica, and sort of quartzy stuff.

Can you share any tan paint colors that have worked well for you? Thanks in advance...

Hope this comes through. I don't know if it's just me, but things are loading very slowing on GW this morning.

Comments (36)