SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Help with quartz and laminate countertop estimates

nikkidan
12 years ago

We really want quartz for our countertops in our new kitchen, but were willing to settle on laminate if quartz was too spendy. Countertops are something that are relatively easy to replace down the road (in comparison to other projects!).

Our cabinets are being custom built and they got back to me today with an estimate for our counter tops. Wondering if any of you out there have any input for me on this?

Kitchen will be L-Shaped with a large island. The island is shaped like a square with one corner cut off...hope that makes sense! Like a quarter of an octagon, or a corner of an octagon. The island has the sink in it.

For the perimeter there is a 5 foot long space of counter, and 2 42 inch sections of counter. The perimeter estimate for laminate (Wilsonart HD, bevel edge) was $863. For Quartz-Level 1 was $2456.00.

For the island, which is approximately 6 feet X 6 feet (with a corner cut off!) the estimate for laminate was $1241, and the Level 1 quartz estimate was $3480.

Now...for our bathrooms we just had them estimate cost on laminate and for an 84" vanity the cost was $495, and a 36 inch laminate vanity top was $215.

Does this seem about average, or does it seem high? I've never dealt with quartz or granite before so I really have no idea! But actually the laminate estimates for the bathrooms seem high to me, so it makes me wonder if my kitchen countertop estimate is unreasonably high too (for both quartz and laminate)?

Or does this sound about right? Any input anyone might have for me is appreciated! Thank you...

Comments (3)