SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itsallaboutthefood

my kitchen plans and yet another backspash question

itsallaboutthefood
13 years ago

My new kitchen will be Lyptus in 2 finishes (auburn which is med brown and chestnut which is darker brown). I have all lower cabinets except for one wall with floor to ceiling pantry cabinets and bookcases. There will only be a 2 open upper bookcase shelves in painted white maple in the rest of the kitchen. I will also have soapstone countertops except for one small bamboo butcherblock counter next to the fridge. There is a white farm house sink and there will be a 6" high white subway tile backsplash. Walls will be painted a warm light yellow. Floors, travertine looking porcelain tile. The kitchen is "fitted" but I am trying to make it look a little like an unfitted old-fashioned country kitchen.

The range (Wolf 30" all gas) will have a stainless steel chimney hood above it. This wall will have no uppers. I was planning to continue the subway backsplash up above the range and below the hood, but I am wondering if it will look too boring. I was thinking of a stainless steel backsplash at one time or tin ceiling tiles but decided I didn't like that (too industrial).

Last week I found these 12" x 24" glass tiles which look like they have an antiqued/bronzed tin behind it. I've attached some picture. They look a lot more like stainless steel with a slight bronze color in person. I took some pictures in my kitchen next to the stainless fridge to get an idea of what it would look like under the range hood. I am thinking of putting 3 behind the range and below the stainless steel chimney hood. They are expensive and I am wondering if the go with my other materials...

Here is a link that might be useful: my kitchen plan pics

Comments (4)