SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pfmastin_gw

How do I change the personality of this kitchen?

pfmastin
13 years ago

I had posted on the Home Decorating forum by mistake so am moving this post to the right place. :)

My husband will be retiring soon and we're planning to relocate. This is a kitchen photo from a real estate listing of a house we like in a location that we like. My husband has already seen the house but I have not...will do that next week. I'm looking for ideas and hope someone can suggest how I would add a different "flavor" to the kitchen. I like the layout and I don't mind the tile floor except I prefer hardwood. Would hardwood floors be too much wood? All the woodwork in the house is natural (not painted).

The cabinets are lighter in color than what I would choose. Does anyone have any idea about the kind of wood? I would (eventually) replace the countertops and would prefer appliances other than white and don't know if they come with the house or not. What would I do to give this room and its style a little more "heft"...wall color? I get the feeling everything is floating because of the light color of the flooring. Art work above the cabinets? I would rather not have to dust accessories up that high. I've never had a vaulted ceiling before and am not sure what to do with all that wall space. Thanks in advance.

Pam

Comments (16)