SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decker1018

How can I add personality to all white kitchen?

decker1018
4 years ago
We just purchased a home with a well appointed kitchen. It’s not the newest, but all of the materials are high-quality. The kitchen is currently very neutral- white cabinets, white countertops, wood floors, beige walls. Lots of windows and natural light, and a Beautiful brick fireplace in the eat- in area. This home is also at the top of our budget so we can’t really make any big ticket changes. Any suggestions on how to make it more fun? Here are some ideas I am toying with in my head: changing the wall color to something brighter, possibly a light blue or a mint. Possibly using a bold wallpaper and the very small backsplash area on either side of the sink. I was thinking something modern with a navy background and bright colored flowers.I also thought about painting the white counter stools, which came with the house, a fun color from the theoretical backsplash wallpaper- maybe a pink or purple. I thought about wallpapering the refrigerator wall instead, but I don’t want to draw attention away from the fireplace. Maybe a bold piece of art above the fireplace? A bigger project might be painting the island cabinets only but I’m not even sure what color I would like. I would love it if they were a natural hickory, but again that’s not in the budget! Any ideas appreciate it! (I apologize for the terrible photos)

Comments (20)