SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

slow progress w/pics

muscat
16 years ago

Well, things are moving a bit slower than planned, but no complaints here, as the slowness stems from my father being very careful and meticulous building me cabinets. We were a little premature in tearing everything out (I'll call it optimistic) so we've been cooking in the dining room with a pseudokitchen for a month, but I'm starting to believe that the end is in sight. We left the sink wall intact for now, and were able to get the new electrical stuff done around it, so thankfully we've had a sink and DW this whole time.

I'm posting now since I have started to do the finishing on the cabinets I have (not all are built yet) and it is SO rewarding! Tedious, yes, but so far the anticipation and excitement are plenty to keep me enthusiastically inhaling finish fumes. (Dont worry, I'm ventilating well)

Here it is:

chaos:

{{!gwi}}

these are the insides of the doors- that is why there are those funny plugs showing. Only the inside surfaces are done here, since I was slowly getting comfortable with finishing. The wood to the right is an unfinished drawer front. I like knots :)

{{!gwi}}

A funny angled cabinet and shallow pantry to accomodate my little door to the patio:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)