SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Should I change my hardware from chrome to orb? Pics

redroze
15 years ago

We have two finishes on our cabinetry - white painted and espresso stained - but both types are the same style, recessed panel with a beaded edge on the frame. We have the same RH chrome hardware on both which I love the style of. I think they look incredible on the white cabinets, but whenever I look at the espresso cabs I think something looks off. I think because the cabinets are so dark that the chrome hardware screams out...there's too much contrast or something.

The screw holes are already in, so we are restricted to the size. I love the hardware style. Do you think I should get the orb version of the hardware and use them on the dark cabs? For the pulls I would keep the Aubrey style...but for the knobs would it look strange if I went with a different style than the ones on the white cabs?

I remember seeing this post - Anyone have dark pulls on their dark cabinets and thinking how gorgeous orb pulls look on espresso cabs.

Not sure if I'm just overanalyzing here...tell me your honest opinion.

Here's our kitchen in progress...when has it ever NOT been in progress??

Here's the orb version of the Aubrey pull.

Here is the orb version of the Hanson knob.

Here's another knob style that I like. Pretty simple so I'm sure it goes with the Aubrey pull. Or should I just stick with the Hanson?

Comments (31)