SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momofmne

Please help and advice with kitchen layout~

momofmne
16 years ago

Hello,

We have a preliminary drawing of our kitchen layout. Some things I see already that will be different from the layout are the island will be centered and there will be seating at the end of the island instead of cabinets. Also, our cabinets will follow the curve of the window and not just be straight across with some kind of curve to the cabinets on the top so they don't just die into the wall. Our island sink is larger than drawn too. We will have two dishwashers and the thing I am trying to figure out is what to use the cabinets on the left side of the kitchen for? My instinct is saying to put large dish drawers on either side of the dishwashers and a silver ware drawer on each side of the dishwashers also. This won't be efficient though because it will essentially be making two separate dish/silverware storages and I am not sure that is what I should do. (Or is that a good idea?)I am trying to stuff everything over on the right side by the range and refrigerator for the work areas but the whole other side is not designated for anything yet. Our GC did suggest we put the silverware and dishes over on the left side but it seems strange to walk so far to put things away when unloading the dishwashers. I am not even sure where to put the garbage can as silly as that sounds because it won't fit underneath the sink and that is what I am used to. Time to get out of my comfort zone and change I guess. We have already purchased our sink, dishwashers, refrigerator, hood, GE advantium, warming drawer, crisper drawer and beverage cooler. Any advice would be welcomed! We don't have a kitchen designer or anything and my husband and I are at a loss here!

Amy

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)