SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allisonkbye

Trying to Avoid Having a Seam in Granite Countertops

allisonkbye
9 years ago

First off, want to thank you all for having such a wonderful community here. In redoing our kitchen I've been lurking on these forums for awhile now and some of the posts help me made final decisions when it came to selecting things!

Anyways, the reason I'm here, we are getting granite counter tops, and on the one counter we are about 1.5" short of not having to have a seam. I would like to avoid having a seam if at all possible, but I'm not sure if it is.

One thought was to bring the wall out 2" (I don't know how, just add a layer or two of drywall? haha) We are redoing the backsplash anyways. However, if we do that then it would have to stop that at the stove (so it doesn't stick out), then do the same on the other side of the stove to match. I'm just not sure how it would look, to have a "recessed" wall for the stove.

I think that's our only option to avoid having a seam. If it's not a feasible option, then I have to decide where the seam goes. My options are
-go straight back at the corner so it's parallel to the sink, instead of diagonal like it does now
-middle of the sink
-back corner between stove and wall, just do a 2" strip. I normally set stuff there anyways, so I'd literally be the only one who would notice or see it

Any thoughts or insight to this would be much appreciated!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations