SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolml_gw

Carol's kitchen floor plan take 2 - please critique!

carolml
13 years ago

Hi all,

Last Spring I posted my floorplan, absorbed all the comments and suggestions and spent more time at my drawing board. In the end, I met with a designer who immediately zoned in on a solution I had never thought of: make use of the wide, odd shaped hall directly behind the kitchen and incorporate it into the plan. Eureka! I suddenly had space to work with. So here is plan #2. I welcome any and all suggestions and criticisms. I want to get this right.

Key points:

- I have a wonderful view which I like to face at all times, and therefore only two walls to work with.

- My kids have grown and flown the coop so there is mostly just me and my husband. When the kids do come home they really like to cook so space is needed for more than one chef.

- Assuming the layout remains intact, my main question is about where to place ovens. I am currently thinking of a steam oven (24"), a speed oven, and a regular oven. I have placed them in three different locations due to function (steam oven near plumbing, m/w in cooking zone, etc.) I don't know if this will look funny or not. I could stack two ovens next to pantry or even all three next to d/w if I juggle the drawer sizes. Any other ideas?

I apologize for the amateur pencil drawing - hope it makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (14)