SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kawh707

Kitchen Almost Done- Finally- Pix

kawh707
12 years ago

So much help here from so many. Thanks much. I read and read about all of your victories and regrets and tried to incorporate them into our plans. You kept me from making so many (more) mistakes!!

Here at last are some pictures. It all seems so simple after you're through, doesn't it?? Torn out walls and windows. Months of cooking in the bathroom. Choices, choices, choices. and budget. I am quite sure that our teeny-tiny budget was like none other... but gardenwebbers helped with that, too.

what we love--

-drawers and more drawers. i think there are 30 or more.

-low-divide sink (so great for pans and dishes never hit the middle on the way to rinse.)

-moen reflex faucet (returns like a dream)

-miles of fake corian (formica brand) counters-- surprised that we love this budget choice.)

-hidden junk area behind the refrigerator for daily mail and phone.

-opened up the kitchen to the dining area-- looks so much bigger and more light.

-one recycle and one garbage drawer-- with garbage right next to sink and a clean sweep off of the cutting board.

-tube solar light (poor man's sky lights) that keep us from needing to turn on the kitchen light much of the day.

we are really happy so far. however, let it be known that we are still cooking on a hotplate, as the dacor cooktop that was sent didn't work from day one. replacing it has been 2 months and they say there isn't one in the country to be had-- some hangup with the parts. will post about that when new one comes. (dacor doesn't seem to know the words 'i'm sorry' either... just venting.)

so thanks again-- and happy remodeling to all!

kawh sebastopol, california

VIEW FROM DINING AREA-- TEMP STOOLS

VIEW FROM DINING AREA #2

VIEW FROM DINING AREA #3

FROM KITCHEN TOWARD DINING AREA (USED TO BE A WALL THERE)

RUNNELS AND LOW-DIVIDE SINK

SO MANY DRAWERS THAT THERE'S ONE JUST FOR DOGGIE TREATS!

Comments (25)