SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paint_chips

Kitchen for Two, Appreciate all feedback!

paint_chips
15 years ago

I *think* this maybe fairly straightforward kitchen, but I just want to see if anyone has any changes or improvements to suggest. I am open to anything, but the walls and openings canÂt change because of the adjoining rooms. The window is in and faces a nice view. This is a new build so locations of plumbing, drains, and electrical can all change at this moment (but not for too much longer).

My biggest concerns are pantry storage and counter space. I think that this plan addresses pantry storage and that the island helps a little with counter space. I dislike deep pantry storage because I lose things too easily. Two feet deep pantries are too deep for me, so I am excited to be able to have one that is only 12".

If you are interested in more measurements, I will be glad to provide them. The most obvious ones are: the window is 3', the aisles are 3', the island is 2-5 X 1-6. There will be uppers, with extra space around the window to allow for sconces, but I donÂt have any other ideas on them at the moment.

There are just two of us and a couple of dogs. I know that 3' aisles wouldn't work for everybody, but our best past kitchens have had 3' aisles. I just want the space and flow to be efficient, a good feel. Hopefully I can add some zing with material choices : )

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. The advice here is absolutely amazing! Thank you for taking time to look.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)