SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfzmom

Back with a layout. Would love some help tweaking it.

dfzmom
13 years ago

I apologize for the crappy fax copy in advance. We have a start with a layout I think we can be happy with. We are going with 39" cherry shaker style cabinets (semi-custom) with crown molding to take them to the 8 foot ceiling. Fridge is standard depth, we will hopefully recess to gain a couple of inches.

Background, family of 3 with a toddler so we need a table in the kitchen. The left wall is open to our family room. We plan on building a banquette in that area. We are working with the current kitchen space and can't move any windows.

The second image I tried to recreate the layout but there are some limitations with cabinet sizes. The super susan will be 33" with a 3" spice pullout next to the range. The pantry cabinet will be 27". The mini peninsula on the fridge wall be a 24" cabinet turned to face the dining area along with a 24" peninsula cabinet.

Some concerns I have. Sink cabinet of only 27" but I think we'll be ok... Trash pullout to the right of the sink. I feel like this might be in a bad location right in my main prep area but I really want a trash pullout. 33" super susan seems awfully small but I guess it will hold things we don't use that often.

Thinking about an over counter microwave (Sharp) under the 24" cabinet next to the fridge. There is not enough room for seating at the mini peninsula but I see it as a secondary prep area, place to put out a small buffet when entertaining, or a place to make a quick snack. There will be a message center on the end of that run. I felt we needed the extra counter space and storage that mini peninsula give us.

Let me know your thoughts or how this can be improved. Thanks, I appreciate the input! This forum is such a great resource!

{{!gwi}}">

{{!gwi}}">

Comments (11)