SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flevy_gw

Remake the Cabinets or Modify

flevy
11 years ago

We are in the middle of the installation. And little things keep coming up. Like one cabinet was shipped without a toe kick area. One base cabinet was made incorrectly. And now, one of the wall cabinet openings is not tall enough. I sent the KD the specs for the tv that would be going into the opening. The opening is 1" too short. The carpenters could modify the cabinet and make the opening one inch larger and all would be well.

But I think I'm just annoyed. The cabinets were not cheap and I expect that they will be correct. The factory already admitted that they cut the fridge panels incorrectly and that has to be remade. We accepted the incorrect base cabinet (I ordered a 3D, it came as a trash can) and the carpenters fixed the toe kick cabinet.

Are all of these modifications just part of the kitchen installation? If I ask to have the wall cabinet remade, it will probably take 2-3 weeks including shipping. Of course, no wall cabinet means no crown molding yet either. So what say you....just suck it up and have the carpenters modify the cabinet or have it remade and wait the few weeks?

Comments (6)