SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lampyear

Kitchen Plans for an Experienced Eye

9 years ago

Hello all!

I've been watching and reading these forums for months as we've been planning our remodel, and I hope some experienced eyes might take a look at our kitchen plans.

A bit about the house--built in 1918 as a solid prairie style home in a Craftsman neighborhood close by an urban center. The previous owners lived in the house for over 60 years and removed many of the historic elements in the 60s-70s, but the bones of a great space remain. We don't have the budget to try to re-create the original elements, but are trying to update and refresh with care.

A bit about our household--we are a young couple and this is our first house, but hope it will be our family home for many years to come. We cook and entertain very often and want to feel a sense of pride in the space.

A bit about the kitchen itself--right now it is a mess of linoleum and bad plumbing, with a powder room right in the middle--next to the kitchen sink! We are doing a full renovation, trying to pay as close attention to use of the space as possible. There are three access points: a hallway entrance from the front door, a large (6ft) doorway to the kitchen, and a very large (8ft) sliding door that opens to the deck. One note as well--the plans say 12" depth at the island, but that will actually be 15" for counter-seating.

I hope this is enough context, the plan is attached. We would love any thoughts or input on the layout from this helpful group!

Comments (7)