SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Do You Lose 'Perspective'?

monicakm_gw
16 years ago

I hope that's whats going on in my case. I think I've analyzed this 4-room renovation entirely toooooo much. We've been at it since May. I've got too much time, energy and money invested to be able to look at things objectively. I'm doubting every single decision I've made. Instead of being thrilled when something comes together, I'm like "eh, it's OK". The master bathroom remodel was the shining star of this project. I've had a vision all along and now that it's coming to fruition, I'm afraid I've made horrible mistakes :( I know for a fact my thinking processes aren't what they used to be. I have MS and in the summer of 04 I had what I refer to as a "stupid spell". In a nutshell, I chose/did the opposite of what I should. If I wanted to brush my teeth, I'd pick up my hairbrush. Need a fork? I'd pick up a spoon. Need to hit the brakes, I'd hit the gas instead...needless to say I didn't drive during that period :o My husband has butted "artistic design" heads with me all during this process. He's never questioned my choices before (this is our 4th remodel). All this makes me wonder if I'm not just making a joke of this whole remodel! Other than the MS aspect, do/did you ever wonder "what the hell was I thinking"? (sigh)

Monica

Comments (13)