SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stiles_gw

Accessorizing your New Kitchen!

stiles
16 years ago

What sort of things did you buy for your new kitchen? New dishes, bowls,towels, fun items, etc. I am curious how many of you not only redid your kitchen, but bought new items for your cupboards and sinktop?

Melinda

Comments (54)

• imrainey
    16 years ago

I got new dishes and a new toaster.

Since we built the new kitchen around the old wallpaper, everything I had still works well. I needed the new dishes and the toaster was a big splurge (the big Dualit at an eBay bargain price) for my husband who eats the toast and pays for the kitchen. ;> Besides, with a fresh start, I'm finding I can pull out lovely things I've had forever but had in storage since there was no room for them or not the proper environment to showcase them.

One day  when my budget is back in line and the writers aren't striking  I'm going to have a second splurge on going to Penzey's and getting all new spices. That will probably cost half again as much as the kitchen.

• sienne_c
    16 years ago

Most of my accessories aren't immediately visible. I bought some inside-the-drawer metal 'baskets' to keep the smaller things that are always where you can't find them contained and keep the bigger things (e.g., plastic wrap, foil) in a spot in the drawer that's accessible. I also bought glass storage containers so the inside of the cabinet was more organized and not a mass of boxes that were in disarray.

I also had a recessed set of shelves built into the wall near my cooktop. That's where all of the spices are so they are now a well contained accessory. Some of the shelves also have things on display. I'm going for the lack of clutter look.

• Related Discussions

Accessorizing new kitchen

Q

Comments (5)
    If you've repainted the kitchen, installed some tile for a backsplash, and even installed a new floor. But something is missing from your kitchen decor. You look around, and realize that none of the accessories match. Your kitchen needs matching accessories to look right, just like a new outfit. Try adding some matching accessories to your kitchen.i am giving you some tips: 1:- To decide what theme or colors you need. Do you want a country cottage style decor? A rustic Tuscan look? Or a sleek modern look? Depending on the theme, you'll need different accessories. 2:- Wall art, decorative baskets, plates, and trays can really add to the appearance. 3:- Just be sure that you know how to properly hang art pieces on the wall.Placing pieces in a rectangle, triangle, or circle helps to add more interest.just re-arranging what you have can create a new look for your kitchen. Look for groupings of odd numbers, rather than even. If you can't decide what you want. The internet is another good source for inspiration. Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovation Contractor
    ...See More

Show me your coffee table and how it's accessorized.

Q

Comments (65)
    Hi pps - It is the small RH industrial table. I've had my eye on it for awhile but DH said he'd make one for me (he's great at welding). He's always busy with house projects though and I happened to see this while shopping at the outlets so it came home with me. I lucked out - less than half price after their 20% sale and no damage at all! I like the size of the side table but don't want matching pieces so I'm still looking for one of those. anna - love the "tail of death" phrase!
    ...See More

Cross post, Accessorizing new bath and think I may have gone too far

Q

Comments (13)
    thanks intially i planned for cleats but saw the rope in a blog and thought i would try it out but i should know better than to emulate blog deccor ;). The white box is my GC's idea to cover plastic plumbing while i wait for metal pipes to be installed. it slides in and out of place and is temporary. I think I might use the rope and cleat idea in my play room to clip art from because in the right setting i think it might be cute.
    ...See More

Help me accessorize my new dining room

Q

Comments (18)
    It's a very beautiful home. You don't really need anything under the sconces. Of course you could keep chairs there, or an alive plant..but they will look great as they are. If you don't want to put an art on the walls behind the servers..put art on the servers themselves:) I understand the candlesticks need to stay on one of them..I'd remove all the small things unless they have to be there, or put them close together on a tray or something, and maybe add a vase with flowers right behind the candlesticks? a very thin one, maybe also silver one. Say, with one rose in it. Unless you think it will make the server too crowded and harder to use when it's getting used. To put my thought in a short way-I'd strive to create there an odd number of pieces, and the object X number three I'd try to make taller than candlesticks..but very very understated and discreet in a way that won't overwhelm them. Or-I could go for one object shorter and wider than the candlesticks..in which case I'd choose something darker, meaningful to you but that you have to come closer to look at it..family photo? On the other server then I'd put an art, something bigger and sculptural...maybe a sculpture. Maybe a sculptural interesting lamp..Maybe a clock-some clocks are incredibly beautiful. Then you'll see whether you want a mirror on that wall or not. Art works great with wallpaper..but in your dining room..I see how you don't want a) to maybe take away from wallpaper. You won't but it takes big adjustment and I'd probably feel the same, at least until I was ready b)it needs to be really special art..very special to you. Maybe you have it already but don't want to move it from one space to another. Happens to me all the time, hence the guess:) As for the arrangement on the table. I'd probably keep to flowers. It will keep things fresh like nothing else since flowers are never the same. Probably two vases if it's something medium sized like roses. One vase if it's something big..flowering branches, say.
    ...See More
  • stiles
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great feedback. Imrainey, I too am looking forward to displaying more things due to more storage. Sienne, I can hardly wait to be more organized inside my draweres. Shannon, garage sale is imminent! Love Williams and Sonoma. Keep the ideas coming.
    Melinda

• rmlanza
    16 years ago

Well I have to say, in spite of all the crap it seems I've bought, my counters are a LOT clearer than they were before the remodel. I just got a lot more decorative stuff that either hangs on walls or sits on top of cabinets or replaced old stuff that didn't go well anymore.

imrainey, if you have a World Market near you they sell spices in packets for 99c. Maybe not the best but I bought a bunch and used my copper topped spice bottles I've had forever to put them in. It's a lot better than buying stuff from the supermarket for $5.99 a bottle! It's great for the basics like chili powder or garlic powder or whatever!

• imrainey
    16 years ago

We do have a World Market and their spices are soooo much cheaper! I use WM for the British items I need like Bird's powder and Lyle's Syrup. But Penzey's (about a 40 minute drive; I won't do this more than once) has an infinite variety of spices (I mean like 3 varieties of cinnamon, all either ground or whole) and they move them fast so they're much fresher.

I know the markets near me sell whole vanilla beans at $8-11 EACH! =o And WM has a bag with several for like $6 or something. ::she said, going to San Francisco next weekend to meet a friend and split up 2 POUNDS of vanilla beans bought at wholesale prices::

Great suggestion! Thanks for the thought! ;>

• alku05
    16 years ago

We haven't really acquired much new stuff yet, but it's in the plans. However, when we got married in 2005, we received alot of kitchen related wedding gifts. My ever practical DH insisted we store all of those goodies in the guest room closet until we remodeled the kitchen (why unpack all that stuff only to pack it up again). Last May when we finally moved stuff into the new kitchen, we added all the wedding loot. New everyday dishes! New mixing bowls! China! New glasses! For a second time we realized how generous our friends and family are.

• rmlanza
    16 years ago

LOL alku05...I'm just now displaying my wedding gifts, too. And I got married in 1992!!! My new glass front cabinets hold crystal wine goblets and a stunning Waterford footed bowl that has been packed away for 15 years as of October 24th! Sad, ain't it?! I still love them though. Thank goodness I didn't register for china because I probably would have hated the pattern by now, my tastes have changed so much in 15 years!

• raehelen
    16 years ago

I'm looking forward to splurging on some 'new' stuff for sure! Already told my DD that I would love new tea towels for Christmas. We've had the same everyday Arcoroc (sp?) glass dishes forever- and after granite is in, will take some time to pick new dinnerware- probably something really classic in white. (Any suggestions?)

Think we will definitely buy (or perhaps DH will make- but we still have rest of house to redo) good quality wooden dividers for cutlery- one of my pet peeves is plastic dividers (which is all I've had for 30 years) that aren't big enough and with not enough sections to separate the tea spoons from big spoons, dinner knifes from steak knifes, etc.

I had bought new melamine mixing bowls before the reno- total splurge cuz I had enough bowls- and have 'reluctantly'
    started to use a couple of them- wanted to wait till we were back in the kitchen, but we packed away the other ones... so ... :>)

Bought a soap dispenser- that will be a HUGE treat not to have my bright yellow bottle of Sunlight on the counter.

Will probably buy new placemats- or perhaps actually use those I've collected over the years- but should have room to store in kitchen now.

Get to buy new glasses as only have a few left that were shower gifts (also over 30 years old).

Think or at least HOPE I will edit very carefully as I unpack all the stuff.

Just now, starting to think about where everything is going to go- I'm finding those choices almost paralyzing- don't know why? Guess that unless you move often, things get put in one spot and there they stay- and as this kitchen will have totally new work patterns, etc., hard to say where things should go.

• stiles
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Raehelen,

I understand feeling paralyzed about where things should go. There is a great thread under organizing kitchen if you put that in the search function. Some great ideas.
    M

• donnar57
    16 years ago

What a fun thread! Like many other posters, I used the opportunity of packing up my old kitchen to get rid of a lot of useless and duplicate stuff. With 2 DD's about to move out and get their own places, though, I just stashed much of it in the garage for them to sift through when they get a chance. This included towels that were still good but just "didn't go", the 5 extra spatulas, etc.

I went nuts and added to my Corelle collection. We had a basic dinnerware set, but I added new canisters, cookie jar, whistling tea kettle, pitcher, spoon rest, hot pads - all that matched. I bought new towels and mitts that would at least coordinate with my Corelle pattern. Heck, I'm still watching eBay for my "missing" Corelle stuff. Last week I looked at the JC Penney's catalog and found a neat half-round kitchen mat that would REALLY go with the Corelle pattern, too - and the price was right - I'll need to order that soon.

We haven't replaced any of the small electrical appliances yet, except my slow cooker. (The handles finally fell completely off the Crock-Pot, so it went bye-bye.) As they wear out or give out, we'll replace them. In the meantime, they all sit in the super Susan...many used to sit on my countertops and clutter those up!!!

DonnaR/CA

• suska6184
    16 years ago

I bought pretty new cannisters, a new paper towel holder and my Viking toaster for the countertop. I do need a new kife set but that will take some research, so it may be awhile. DH wants me to get new everyday dishes and glassware- they are our originals from 23 years ago, and as you can imagine, many pieces are now history. I guess I'll have to look around and see what appeals to me, maybe Fiestaware for a bright, fun look.

• janwad
    16 years ago

I think there are a few smaller items in drawers that aren't new. Maybe.

I waited way too long to redo my old kitchen and there was little worth keeping. I realize that's kind of sad after reading some of your posts.

• shezzy_in_sj
    16 years ago

I didn't buy a thing. I kind of had all these new things before I had the new kitchen. It was like they were just waiting for the remodel to come out and play.

• kitchendetective
    16 years ago

My giant pumpkin.
    {{!gwi}}

• remodelqueen
    16 years ago

I have already made a loooooooooooong list of new items I will purchase for my kitchen. But, I'm not going to buy anything until the remodel is underway and we know exactly what color scheme we are going with.

Last year I wanted bisque cabinets and granite w/ earthtones. I have now decided on white cabinets and soapstone. So glad I didn't purchase anything before my change of plans.

I will really look at things on Ebay, and at stores like T.J. Maxx. Marshalls, Ross, BB&B (using those coupons you get in the mail!), and Costco and Sam's Club. There are so many great deals out there- it's the only way I can afford new items.

• gnomelover
    16 years ago

I bought new Fiestaware dinner plates and salad plates (we were down to 4 dinner plates and 5 salad plates before this), a new coffee maker and a kitchenaid mixer.

• Mick Mick
    16 years ago

I am currently purchasing Le Crueset and All Clad cookware on a piecemeal basis. Slow going.

I need new silverware, but I am waiting on a sale or something.

• DYH
    16 years ago

Divastyle -- we just purchased Villeroy & Boch stainless from Macy's online and on sale. We got 12 place settings with serving pieces for around $200 and it usually retails for $450. It arrived yesterday and we're thrilled with it. Very heavy weight. European sizes (large). Sparkling finish. Haven't used it yet, though.

Everytime I shop at WS, I tell them that I want a frequent buyers club! They tell me that since I'm retired, I need to come work there for the discounts!

Our Macy's is having a special sale. You get a $10 store coupon for every $50 you spend.

• bklyn2pok
    16 years ago

In anticipation of renovating the kitchen I gave away/donated anything I didn't use or love (best friend loves the grill pan she pulled out of my yard sale box) and bought:
    -new plates
    -serving utensils
    -dish towels
    -omelet pan
    -salad spinner (always wanted one)
    -drawer organizers!!!!!
    -toaster oven

I going to keep less clutter on the counters now so I can see my granite and travertine tile backsplash my DH put up yesterday. The previous kitchen had really beatup yellow laminate countertops....I tried to hide them under the clutter.

On to Crate&Barrel for my next round of shopping!!!

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

Every year during the holiday season, I'd shop for family and don't get much in return (speaking literally here). Not that I need anything from them but even "the thought", I don't get. So, this year, I'm using the kitchen renovation as an excuse to get out from "slaving over the stove" for them. Don't get me wrong, I loooove to cook but I don't enjoy cooking for unappreciative diners. So, I decided to spend my X-mas budget mostly on me =o).

My kitchen is not done yet and I've already shopped for my kitchen gadgets because now, I have space for them!

A couple of weeks ago, Linen 'n Things had a 25% coupon on total purchase. I took advantage of this and purchased: a Cuisinart 7 qt. stand mixer, a pasta maker machine and a paper towel rack.

I also added some cast iron cookware to my collection, a cool stainless steel kettle, foam bottle dispensers, natural stone towel trays and used them to place foam soap bottle dispensers.

Still on my list is a microwave. The current one is 7 yrs. old. It is still useful but is losing function on some numbers of the control pad. I'll replace it when it died completely.

• imrainey
    16 years ago

Damn! I thought I did a pretty good job of scouring the Sunday paper for LnT and BB&B coupons. I missed that one!

All I ever get is 20% of on one item. I have go spend the rest of the day pouting now. =(

• mayland
    16 years ago

(OT) Imrainey, are you British or do you just have a liking for custard and (Lyle's) syrup?
    I am from the UK and go to World Market for Marmite and Baked Beans. Or the WholeFoods, but they are $2 per tin there. Sometimes its worth it though.

I would love to accessorize with a Kosta Boda bowl, a Saeco coffeemaker, a few Le Crueset pots, and some murano glass lighting. In reality, I will be going to IKEA!

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

Sorry you've missed it but it wasn't through the post mails or newspapers.

The 25% coupon came via e-mail. You'd need to register your e-mail on their website. Currently LnT is having a 20% coupon on the total purchase. It expires Nov. 12th.

Have fun shopping!

• cspinto
    16 years ago

Divastyle (and anyone else who's interested, of course), I'm also going to be buying some All Clad cookware. Here's a site I've bookmarked that has 2nds at discount prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Discounted All Clad cookware

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

Oh yeah, and I bought a 6 qt. crok pot too.

• User
    16 years ago

imrainy,
    I was going to post this earlier, but forgot.
    Do you already have some Penzey's spices? The spice jars are larger than most, 2 wide by 4 high. They don't fit in the spice pullout cabinet for Kraftmaid, I tried it. I've put labels on the top of mine (80+ and counting), so I can put them in a pullout tray in a lower cabinet. I especially love their spice blends!

• bob411
    16 years ago

I've pretty much depleted the inventory of our local stores. Still looking for a ricer, griddle brick, and other stuff. a few posters mentioned where they bought their accessories, BBB, Williams Sonoma. Any online stores that you have had good luck with?

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

I'm currently packing up my old kitchen and I cannot believe the stuff I am finding - stuck on a shelf back in 1994 when we moved here and hasn't seen the light of day since. Apparently I don't need glass water pitchers - 4 of them. or 10, count them 10, 9x12 pyrex pans.

So this is a good opportunity for me to lighten up AND at the same time assess what I really need. Iv'e been married since 91 so most of what I own is from wedding showers and prior to when I had an apt. So new pans are in order, new silverware, new food processor. Oh new dishtowels! Something so inexpensive - I just have put off for too long.

• iambpt
    16 years ago

norwega... i believe you have significantly more penzey's jars than I have! I'm bummed! :) I like the idea of putting the label on top... i just display mine in a large, but shallow decorative rack.

For the rest of the gardenwebbers... if you haven't tried penzey's you should! I love going into their stores, but even if you had to order them by mail, they;re incredible. I wouldn't buy supermarket spices again!

• holligator
    16 years ago

bob411: "Any online stores that you have had good luck with?"

I have found some awesome sales on cooking.com and I've bought most of my cookware on ebay (I think I have nearly every piece of Calphalon made and got it all new in the box) for substantially less than the same items have been available in stores here.

As for what I plan to get for the new kitchen--well, first I hope mostly to get rid of a lot of what I have not used in years. I also am somewhat of a kitchen gadget addict, so I have purchased plenty of Pampered Chef, Wusthof, Calphalon, etc., in recent years.

I will need some new dish towels and some new drawer trays for flatware and knives. I'm sure I'll get some new Tupperware Modular Mates, since I'll have a lot more pantry space. I'll get some new placemats and napkins, since my kitchen table will be more visible with the new layout. Oh wait--must get new kitchen table and chairs! I'll also need bar stools for the island. I'll need a new paper towel holder and some accessories for the desk/message center.

I am getting an Aga Legacy range, and the ovens are a bit smaller than I'm used to, so I suspect I may need to get some new baking/roasting pans. Good thing I don't bake much! :) I'll wait to see what I have that fits before getting anything new.

I guess I'd better start shopping!

• friedajune
    16 years ago

I'm like some of the posters on this thread in that my kitchen reno FORCED me to FINALLY de-clutter. What a relief Whew! And here I had added all this additional cabinetry, but then almost didn't need it cause I purged so many accessories, stuff, gadgets, unused gifts, things like 3 nutmeg grinders (!) and that sort of thing. Lately though, it seems like my cabinetry is once again filling up....I can't resist things like that Tupperware insulated gravy boat...sigh...That kitchen accessories compulsion is insidious.....

• rileydog
    16 years ago

Just in case you all don't know it Linens and Things and BB&B take each others coupons. They also (at least where I live) don't care that the coupon has expired. They just started to require that the percentage off the entire purchase coupon be used by the expiration date but will still take coupons for individual items forever! Ask about your store's policy. I can use 8 coupons at a time. Very cool!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

I just tonight purchased a 9-piece set of All-Clad and another small AC saucepan to use on my new more powerful range (which they will likely be replacing--long story). I got a good deal on them. Probably not as good as many others have gotten at ebay, TJ Maxx, or on outlet seconds, but a good deal nonetheless (I used a 20% off coupon on the set, swapped out one pan in the set for a slightly different, larger one that was the same price--an introductory special pricing that had then been mistakenly priced $10 lower than it should have been on the store's website, so they honored it, and I did get the bonus grill pan/panini press set with my purchase). Still, it was a very expensive purchase, so I'm a little freaked out right now (a little buyer's remorse kicking in--do I really need these to begin with? Did I get the right sizes/pans? How/where will I store them--which old pots/pans--Farberware, Revereware, Tools of the Trade, do I get rid of to make room......?).

So, I am very excited, but a little overwhelmed at the moment at getting my new "accessories!" PS I still need to get some actual decorative accessories, too!

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Well, after reading all your lists, I'm feeling a lot less guilty about my own!
    ~ three new counter stools, the York in cherry from Berkline. Love, love, love them!
    {{!gwi}}

~ a new set of dishes, since I now have lots of cupboard shelving under the peninsula to store them. I was feeling very guilty about these . . . until I read all your lists ;~)
    ~ DH bought himself a new Le Creuset lidded skillet, as he's always grumbling about needing a good cast iron skillet again (it's too heavy for me, though!).
    ~ DH is now in earnest search for the "perfect" set of crystal bar glasses for the/his new bar area. Hasn't found them yet.
    ~ I'm thinking that Santa will be delivering a new coffee maker for a family gift, as DH keeps eyeing them every time we're in William Sonoma.

You know, after reading my own list, it looks quite small and my husband seems to be making most of the new purchases. Hmmmmm . . . I think feel a shopping trip coming on!

• lionstail
    16 years ago

I think this questions definitely depends on your personality. Some say the kitchen is majority the womans domain so we have to like what we use and how it looks. So if you need/want new things then give them to yourself! we deserve them! Obviously everything in moderation but since your redoing your kitchen it makes sense to get some knew things.
    Enjoy the new!

• ntt_hou
    16 years ago

My 0.7 cu.ft. microwave started coughing on me the past few weeks. With this past Black Friday special discount, I went ahead and purchased a GE 1.4 cu.ft. countertop microwave to replace the coughing one. How could I passed it, it was only for $75!

• Buehl
    16 years ago

Other than the "message center" area, our counters in the old kitchen really weren't cluttered. I've always put all small appliances other than my KA mixer away when not in use...and we don't drink coffee, so no coffee maker!

Purchased/waiting to purchase:
    * Silverware
    * Cooking utensils (spoons, spatulas, etc.)
    * Convection toaster oven [actually, for temporary kitchen, but I got one that would carry over to the new kitchen. I've never had one before.] (This will also be put away when not in use)
    * Stools for the counter (not purchased yet, but picked out)
    * DR table & chairs (again, not yet purchased but picked out--no room right now!) I know, it's not the kitchen, but it is part of the remodel

Thinking about:
    * Charging center
    * Dishtowels
    * Microfiber towels
    * Paper towel holder
    * Letter holder
    * Key rack
    * Window treatments
    * Butcher block cutting board

• patty_cakes
    16 years ago

My BIG splurge will be a hanging pot rack and some very expensive copper pots/utincils to hang on it. I'm 'hunting' at the local flea market first, and a couple of weeks ago bought my first piece, a large colinder for only five bucks. "seek and ye shall find" ;o)

• spinmom
    16 years ago

I'm still waiting on my backsplash and paint to decide on accessories but I couldn't resist a kitchenaid stand mixer in red! Although I have some room left in my new cabs to store it, I just love the way it looks on the counter! I think I'll start to bake more!

• ksfaustin
    16 years ago

I splurged on a new coffee maker, burr coffee grinder, and 4-slice toaster from the KitchenAid Proline series in Nickel Pearl. They work great, but I mostly got them just because they look so sexy sitting on the counter.

Just yesterday I bought some new kitchen towels at Restoration Hardware that coordinate with their "Silver Sage" stuff. They're the first ones I've found (other than plain white) that look really nice with my Typhoon Green granite. There I go being matchy-matchy again... :-)

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

ooh yesterday I bought some microfiber cloths at target and some method cleaner (in preparation) and some dish towels.
    I've bought new steak knives and new glasses already.
    I still need new silverware and a few new pots and pans.
    Mostly I'm waiting till I'm done to see what exactly I need.

• toddimt
    16 years ago

Here is another couple of tips regarding the LNT & BBB coupons.

Sometimes it is better to use the competitors coupon. For one, BBB seems to take expired LNT coupons but not the other way around (At least where I live). You will also notice, in the fine print, that they both seem to exclude savings on many of the same things like All Clad. I have found that when you use the competitors coupon, they don't read the fine print and just apply the discount. I used my 20% LNT at BBB and got 20% of my All Clad :).

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

Packing up my kitchen and getting ready for Demolition Day on March 10. Like many above I am putting aside a lot of stuff that hasn't been used and selling it in the spring garage sale. I'm tossing all my spices and buying new ones from Penzey's. Also getting new kitchen towels from Sur La Table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Penzeys Spices

• nodirthere
    16 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I should put greenery on top of cabinets-my friend said they just collect dust- but it looks kind of bare. I wanted to add a splash of color to the cream cabinets/black granite-so I started w/a red rooster- and keep on adding red accents- I dug out my grandmothers red wine glasses and put them in the glass front cabinet-never thought I would use them!

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

I plan on lining the top of my cabinets with wax/parchment paper to avoid dusting. Just crumple them up every 6 months or so and put up some new ones. Unless you like to dust I'd avoid the plants. Some above cab lighting would look good though? : )
    For accessorizing my own kitchen, I've only bought a few things. I recently bought a dark espresso basket to hold some fruit, a couple of lime green glass candle holders and a lime green cutting board. I have a couple of framed inspirational word art that I plan to use also : )

• luv-to-cook
    16 years ago

I have been going a little beserk! This year I will be married 20 years, so a lot of the old is going out and my new kitchen is getting outfitted with new. I bought:

A set of All Clad
    Set of Butler's Pantry Dishes
    A Fleur de Lis plaque and stand
    A new set of microwave containers
    Bamboo organizers for the drawers
    A knife block for the drawer
    A slim folding step stool
    A new spice holder

and by far, the best - Red Peugeot Salt and Pepper Grinders that match my new Wolf knobs from Sur La Table

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Salt & Pepper Grinders

• susan4664
    16 years ago

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who went wild with kitchen stuff , beyond the kitchen itself, that is.

New pots & Pans
    dishtowels and Microcloths (thanks to this forum!)
    New Dishes
    New glasses
    Bamboo flatware trays for drawers
    spoonrest
    Cutting Board (Boos, of course!)
    Barstools
    Peelers, strainers, other small gadgets

In addition, the light colored leather sofa set in the nearby family room didn't look as good next to the rich looking new kitchen, soooooo those had to be replaced. A week later the TV broke and we replaced it with a flat screen, which of course, didn't fit into the old wall unit. Boo Hoo, had to get a new wall unit as well. Then we had to replace the curtains, lamps and pictures in the family room, because they were 1990 Florida style, rather than the traditonal style house we were slowly transitioning to now have. My kitchen re-do has become a 1/2 house re-do!

(BTW, all old pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc were donated to breast cancer research and American Veterans :)

• glad
    16 years ago

i'm in this phase now. my accents are cobalt and i need a few more to punch up my neutral kitchen. if it is blue, i'm buying it! just little stuff so far: microfiber towels, stacked measuring cups, a whisk, glass napkin holder. looking for a small blue rug. also a couple of new pots..just plain ss though! i've been browsing bbb and homegoods.

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

Wow! Love the red salt and pepper mills! Might just have to break down and get a set myself! I also have added to my list a stovetop smoker. Just tried one this weekend in my cooking class. Loved it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Camerons Stovetop smoker

• mary_in_nc
    16 years ago

Glad- Here are some cobalt blue salt and pepper grinders for you! They would be great in your kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Peugeot Cobalt blue salt and pepper grinders

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths