SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Cross post, Accessorizing new bath and think I may have gone too far

roarah
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I posted this earlier in the bath forum but it is more decorating oriented. With just a few trim pieces to be finish I have started the decorating phase of my bath.

I live within walking distance to my marina and the beach but do not have water views. I did plan this room to have a beachy feel with floors that I hoped evoke driftwood and accents of seaglass in tile and knobs and white stained cabinets to look a bit weathered. I have my first boat's tiller hanging on the wall and used rope around a bench cushion.

So far my my nautical touches were light. Today I am trying to decide if my 8ft wardrobes look ok with some beachy drift wood from my local beach, real coral from a Caribbean trip and some large seaglass Bottles I have collect through the years. I would also like to hang a towel holder made of cleats and rope over a rad to have warm towels this winter but am afraid I have made the room too cliche.

Here is the room in decorated, sorry to those who have seen this before.

Tiller on wall, rope cushion, thanks to Lisa86 and driftwood bench in shower

Rope towel. It is only taped up and I would use new clean white rope if I decide to use it

Rope waste basket I made

And decorated wardrobe tops

Too much, too contrived and silly or does it work. The ceilings are so tall I am trying to fill in the blanks without adding to many tchotchke.

Comments (13)