SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruddycat_gw

Decorative end panels - flush w/ frame or door?

ruddycat
16 years ago

We've run into a little problem with the installation of our cabinets and I'm hoping someone can help me resolve it!

The problem has to do with the decorative end panels that are applied to upper and lower cabinets at the ends of runs. Some of our panels are sized so that they are flush with the door or drawer front when installed and others are smaller and sit flush with the frame of the cabinet (or actually the cabinet box, since our cabinets are frameless).

These are Kitchencraft cabinets, which we've had before, and our only panels at the last house were on the side of a tall pantry cabinet and they were flush with the frame. I ordered these from Buycabinets.com and although I specified all the cabinets I needed to order, I left it up to Keith to add the proper sized end panels. Before I call him, I just wanted to find out if there's a right or a wrong way or if it's just personal preference. I looked through Finished Kitchens but I couldn't see enough detail to tell. I'm sure though, that they should be consistent throughout the kitchen - either one way or the other - and currently mine are not. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)