SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Please give me feedback on new kitchen plan

ncamy
15 years ago

Hi y'all! I have been so impressed with the advice you have given me and others in the past I thought that I would ask for some feedback on our plan for our new kitchen.

Though I know that some things we want may be a little unconventional (like a nook for pet feeding) and that there are some things I absolute just don't want (like stainless appliances or a built-in refrigerator), sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can see something I'm not.

We are a family of three soon to be only two when the DD leaves for college. DH loves to cook and looks forward to becoming an even better cook with the right tools. We are building a craftsman bungalow in a historical area. I will either use a local cabinet maker or do Schuler Cabinets from Lowes. We want a shaker style in quartersawn oak with soapstone counters. As far as appliances right now we're leaning toward a RNB Heritage Classic BlueStar range with 21 inch high shelf and salamander. Other than the hood we will go very basic with the other appliances which we will do in black.

I had the designer at Lowes draw up a plan but it was too light to scan plus my scanner isn't working so I've redrawn the plan and photographed it. I've labeled all of the sizes of the lower cabinets but not the uppers. You can see the configuration of the uppers in the Lowes' pictures. Since the kitchen will be a little limited on natural light we are thinking about light tubes.

Also we haven't quite decided on the ceiling. Right now the strange little dotted line from the right of the French doors to the column closest to the main refrigerator is the line where the plan calls for a flat ceiling (9 feet tall) to the left and a cathedral ceiling with wooden beams to the right. I'm not sure about all of that and it can be changed, but maybe that should be for a different post. Right now let's just stick to the layout!

Comments (15)