SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nowwhat_2007

Is this too much SS/brushed nickel????????

nowwhat_2007
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

First, I'd like to say to everyone that has remained sane doing a major redo.....I applaud you!!!!! We are in the midst of just a minor redo and I feel as if I'm in a whirlwind. If I put as much thought and energy into my life as I have this I'd be a much better person. But, Okay...here goes, this is what we have done and are going to do.

Our plan was/is to remove wallpaper (done), paint, change light fixtures, install granite, install tile backsplash, change hardware, ect....we're keeping our cabinets (oak) and HW flooring. This bring me to my latest dilemma.

Granite has been installed, tile is up and being grouted as I type. My granite has browns, grays (almost silver), creams and peachy colors, backsplace is in the cream, brown swirly colors. New appliances and sink are SS and the faucet is brushed nickel. Our plan was to change out all the cabinet hardware (hinges and knobs) to brushed nickel.

Now that I can better see the way things are going to look I am questioning the hardware color. Will that be too much SS? I'm now afraid that will be a more modern look that I want.

All of that to ask this question.....Could I use ORB as pulls and knobs? I think the color would blend in nicely with the granite and cabinets but am worried it might look out of place. If I can use ORB would I need to change the hinges (antique brass) or would they be close enough?

Sorry for the length of this, I'm not one to be able to visualize things. Thanks for all your help.

Comments (5)