SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Almost at the home stretch! Polished Nickel or SS cabinet handle

flynnnj
11 years ago

Polished Nickel or SS cabinet handles - open ended or closed? I need to give an answer by Friday at noon!

YES!! My white shaker cabinets are almost done, the antique jet mist counter is in and it's time for finishing touches and handles. I was so sure that I was doing a total farmhouse/country look but somewhere along the way the clean look of the European style handles just started to seem right.

My crystal knobs, wrought iron or chrome bin pulls have morphed into European bar pulls. On a whim I brought home that style and WOW- IT JUST SEEMED RIGHT!

Now I just need to take the plunge and order them so they can drill the holes for the handles next week.

I found Amerock stainless steel pulls at Home Depot but my kitchen person prefers the Top Knob Hopewell Bar Pull which is in a brushed satin nickel finish. It's in their Nouveau Collection.

Here are the sizes she suggested:

5-5/16" for the 15" drawers and upper cabinets

11-3/4" for the 30" drawers

17-13/16" for the 36" drawers

9-1/8" two glass doors

All drawers will have the handles horizontal in the center of the recessed panel and vertical on the doors.

I'm not sure what size to do for the 24" sink/tray front. Underneath will be 2 vertical handles. What do you think?

If I can get a camera from a friend I'll post better photos. My trusty old Kodak camera just bit the dust!

I need to get them ordered by tomorrow so HELP!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Both Knobs

Comments (3)