SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

moving sink into the peninsula and plumbing questions

scrappy25
10 years ago

Hi, I am have some logistical questions on advice that I received last year on this forum to move my sink to the peninsula.

Here is the existing setup.

The sink would move to the current Jennair cooktop location and increase to 30 inches width (same size as the cooktop), with a deeper counter behind it. The dishwasher would move to the sink location, and there would be a blind corner cabinet between the DW and the sink (same place it is now) , opening perpendicular to the sink.

Right now that Jennair cooktop has a downdraft vent slightly to the left of the cooktop center with a large pipe that enters the a soffit over my basement toilet and then exits the house.

Questions: 1)When I was looking at island venting, it looked like the drainage needs to extend below the floor, so my existing channel for the downdraft might be used for the new sink drainage which would them connect somehow to the basement drainage?
2) How would the supply pipes get to the peninsula sink when there is a blind corner cabinet between the existing sink and the new proposed location? Can the supply lines run through the toekick?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (3)