SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tncraft

DW for someone who never really used a DW???

12 years ago

Well, "never" is not really the right word since I've tried it once and I wasn't happy with the result. Maybe because I'm too ignorant and don't know how to load it. LOL. I grew up in a household with no dishwasher, so hand washing has been a norm for me.

Aside from the 1st non-satisfactory trial run on the DW, I don't like the idea of keeping dirty dishes in the DW until it's full to run it. So I end up hand washing.

I'm trying to make my life easier and buy a DW that works for me.

The fisher and paykel DW sounds interesting. But someone told me to stay away from dish drawers. Didn't really give me a reason though.

I'm thinking it may be a good fit for me. (1) I don't need to wait a couple of days to run it. (2) Maybe it's a better DW for someone trying to transition from handwashing to using a DW since I'll be able to run it more often (more times to learn).

The only downside I see is, I may actually need a full-size DW in the future since we're still a growing family. We only have 1 child now, but we're hoping to have 1 more.

Thoughts? How did you learn how to use a DW? Btw, I would never admit in real life that I don't use a DW. It just sounds stupid. :)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio